Kyle Nosal Photography

This is my first blog. I just moved to Enid, Oklahoma and have started working for the Enid News & Eagle as a photographer. Here I will share the adventures from the farm land.

Name:
Location: Westminster, Maryland, United States

I recently graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Fine Arts-Photography. I am currently working for the Carroll County Times in Westminster, MD as a staff photographer.

Friday, August 11, 2006

The 'Cross Country Trip... and more

As of today, it's been a whole month since i've started up at the Carroll County Times in Westminster, Md. Which means it's been more than a month since i've left the state which has been my home for the past 5 years: Oklahoma. And what a month it has been. A word of advice to anyone out there who is thinking about moving to another state... make sure you have a place to live already set up when you get there. That was one luxury that i was not allowed in this last move, and because of it, along with the speed at which i had to leave my old job, pack up, move, find a new place, and start a new job, my head is just now slowing down from spinning so fast.

But to spare you with all the details of my trip down insanity lane, things are starting to clear up now and to fit into place. I found a pretty decent apartment right in downtown Westminster on Main St. It's on the 3rd floor, and has a lot of space. I'm still figuring out where all my furniture will go, but once i get it kinda set up, i'll post pictures. It get very hot when it's hot outside (being on the third floor), but i'm hoping that once things cool off, it'll be nice. And in the winter, I'll be able to save a lot on heating b/c i'll just use the heat from the 2 floors below me.

The job is going alright. I am still getting used to the people I work with, the way they do things, and the type of news that the paper covers. Just to let you all know, i have not taken a picture of an animal in over a week. I don't know what to do with myself. Maybe throw a party. The staff here is pretty young, a bunch are just out of college (like me) or are still in their mid- to late-20's. I've been able to shoot some professional sports, the Baltimore Orioles and Ravens, and even went to a Orioles/YANKEES game last weekend. It was pretty cool to be there with all of the famous players you always hear about(Jeter, A-Rod, Damon, Giambi, etc). Its a little step up from the Sooners, but to be honest, I still miss shooting college sports. My work schedule is such, however, that i am the saturday shooter, so I think i'll be able to go to some U of Maryland games. Theres a D3 college here in westminster that's supposed to have pretty good football, so i think i'll have my fill of college for now. Although no Red River games or Bedlam :(

Anyways, I'm still trying to get everything set up and settled into. I definately miss everyone i left back in Norman, but hopefully will talk/see you soon. Feel free to drop me a line if you get a chance. my email and phone is still the same. Take care for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home