Kyle Nosal Photography

This is my first blog. I just moved to Enid, Oklahoma and have started working for the Enid News & Eagle as a photographer. Here I will share the adventures from the farm land.

Name:
Location: Westminster, Maryland, United States

I recently graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Fine Arts-Photography. I am currently working for the Carroll County Times in Westminster, MD as a staff photographer.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Week Like Any Other

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted my happenings from Enid, America and let me tell you the things that have been going on.

Work has been the usual coverage of small town assignments. I think since i've been here, I have taken more pictures of animals than I have since I picked up a camera in high school. It seems like every other day a photo of some sort of animal runs in the paper. Ranging from the new drug sniffing dog Enid Police got, to geese invading a local pond, to a $1200 purebreed dog spaniel that was put up for auction(and then taken down after local protests). This past thursday, page 1 had the spaniel, and a hog from the county fair, page 2 had an AP pic of a dog w/ glasses, page 3 had another dog and page 4 was another AP story of a 1 eyed cat. That was the front section. I'm begginning to run out of ideas of how to take pictures of pets. Other than the animal issue, the papers been giving me just what I want: an opportunity to go out and take pictures every day. I am learning something new every day, and for that, I still go back the next day.

Besides work, the other thing that has been occupying my time, especially this past week has been my truck... or lack there of. After 3 years of fond memories... I had to lay my truck to rest on Monday. Last weekend i was planning to venture to Norman before the snow storm got too bad, but on my way out of Enid, my truck decided it didn't want to go. I had been having problems with it the previous week, the temperature gauge jumping all over the place, it would hardly start one day. But on friday it was having trouble getting above 50 mph. So i let it sit for the weekend and on monday, took it into the shop. That evening, i recieved the news no car owner wants to hear... they had to put it down. J/K. but seriously, i was told the radiator leaked, the radiator cap couldn't hold pressure, and I blew a head gasket. They told me the parts would cost around $150, but the labor would be over $1000 because to get to the gaskets, they would have to take apart the entire engine. So, i began my search for a new car a couple of months before i wanted to. I was able to use one of the newspapers delivery trucks for the week while i searched for a new car. I eventually found a 2003 Jeep Liberty at the same dealership that had my old truck, so i was able to work into the deal a trade-in value of $1200 for my old truck. I really didn't want to get a new car, at least not yet, but the Lord had other plans and delivered me a very fine car for a great price. I will have pictures of it within the next day or so.

This past weekend I went on a "singles" retreat with the Emmanuel Baptist church to FreshFire ministries in Midwest City. It was very nice in that it gave me a chance to get away from everything and focus on the Lord. It gave me insight into where I am, and where I need to be and what I need to do to get there. Also, hanging out with other people around my age(most were at least 25 and up to 31) was very refreshing.

The theme from this weekend, and what jump started things inside me...

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" -Psalms 46:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home