Kyle Nosal Photography

This is my first blog. I just moved to Enid, Oklahoma and have started working for the Enid News & Eagle as a photographer. Here I will share the adventures from the farm land.

Name:
Location: Westminster, Maryland, United States

I recently graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Fine Arts-Photography. I am currently working for the Carroll County Times in Westminster, MD as a staff photographer.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Picture Update

Ok, I'm a little more sane, now that I got a little sleep in me. I've updated my SportsShooter(www.sportsshooter.com/phoenixv) website with 2 weeks of images. It's not much, but hopefully it'll hold people over for a while.

This past weekend I had the priviledge of helping the families affected by Hurricane Katrina. A couple of newspaper photographers from Virginia traveled to Louisiana and set up a makeshift shop in a local library. They are taking photographs that were damaged by the hurricane, scanning them, cleaning them up, and making digital prints for the families. There are so many damaged memories that they can't do it all themselves. So, as word spread, volunteers stepped forward, offering their services. I received 6 images from this one family, a couple are pretty damaged. I was able to fix 4 of them, and am still working on 2. Its something that I've been wanting to do since the hurricanes hit. I wasn't able to go down to New Orleans and help out, but now I am to help return precious memories to these families. They have a website with their blog at

http://web.mac.com/fiftyeggs60/iWeb/Site/OPR%20Blog/OPR%20Blog.html

Well, enjoy the pictures. Till later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home