Kyle Nosal Photography

This is my first blog. I just moved to Enid, Oklahoma and have started working for the Enid News & Eagle as a photographer. Here I will share the adventures from the farm land.

Name:
Location: Westminster, Maryland, United States

I recently graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Fine Arts-Photography. I am currently working for the Carroll County Times in Westminster, MD as a staff photographer.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Over 3 months ago

I first want to apologize for everyone out there that has been coming back to my blog more than once the past month and a half and has found that I have not updated. I thought I would be able to get into a regular routine of updating, but alas... I have not. So here I am again, with another update from the little town up north...

It has been just over 3 months since I moved up here. I have been a "professional" for 3 months-ish and I must admit... I'm ready for retirement. Just kidding. I really enjoy my job. I am not restricted to a desk all day, working on my fluorescent light tan, and interacting with the same people every day. (Don't get me wrong, that is not a bad thing if that is part of your job. This country is run thanks to those types of people. Personally though, with my attention span, I would end up streaking out of the office with my boxers on my head by the end of the first day. But I digress) At the newspaper, I never know what to expect when I head into the office. I do not know who I will meet, and whose lives I will touch.

Not everything is as peachy as I make it out to be though. I recently went out and purchased a portable police scanner, which allows me to listen to the Fire/Police/Medical radio traffic while i'm driving around. This has reduced my response time to accidents/fires tremendously (sometimes even before all of the emergency vehicles get there) and therefore giving me more intense pictures. (see my updated news portfolio at www.kylenosalphotography.com). Not only has this changed the types of pictures I am able to take, but at the same time, it challanges my personal ethics as far as what I should/shouldn't shoot and what the public needs to see and what's insensitive to the victims.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. These past 3 months have opened my eyes to a whole new world that i didn't even know existed. I get to have glimpses into other peoples lives, and get to experience all sorts of different things (like shooting an M-4 semi-automatic rifle during an assignment with the Vance AFB SWAT team).

Anyways, I hope to have another post in a couple of days on the other side of Enid... Till then... live ever day to it's fullest.

1 Comments:

Blogger OneoftheServens said...

more posting!!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home